Looking west across the old Geiger Grade Road, toward Mt. Rose. Materials and supplies came up the hill, silver and gold flowed out. Built in 1862, it was a toll road to Virginia City and the Comstock Lode.
A few hundred feet to the south is a straightaway known as Five Mile Flat, an area frequented by the Virginia Range mustangs.