Two base colors…red and black. Red is recessive, black is dominant. You should see roughly three black-based horses for every red-based horse.
- Palomino = Red + Creme
- Cremello = Red + Creme + Creme
- Gold = Red + Creme + Champagne
- Red Dun = Red + Dun
- Dunalino = Red + Creme + Dun
- Strawberry Roan = Red + Roan
- Bay = Black + Agouti
- Buckskin = Black + Agouti + Creme
- Smokey Black = Black + Creme
- Smokey Creme = Black + Creme + Creme
- Perlino = Black + Agouti + Creme + Creme
- Grullo = Black + Dun [Grulla if female]
- Bay Dun = Black + Agouti + Dun
- Dunskin = Black + Agouti + Creme + Dun
- Blue Roan = Black + Roan
- Bay Roan = Black + Agouti + Roan
More at Mustangs 4 Us.
Color of a BLM horse can be found in his signalment key.