Presentation by John Ruhs, State Director for BLM in Nevada, at the National Wild Horse and Burro Summit in August 2017. Thirty minutes in length but worth it.
Remarks from 0:01:30 to 0:03:09 reflect the BLM mission in the post-Obama era.
- Making America Safe through Energy Independence
- Making America Great Through Shared Conservation Stewardship
- Making America Safe – Restoring Our Sovereignty
- Getting America Back to Work
- Serving the American Family
Wild horses and burros fall under the ‘historic values’ category (0:02:17).
Conference sponsored by the National Horse & Burro Rangeland Management Coalition, which is not a WHB advocacy group.
The second presentation in the video focuses mostly on the burros in Arizona.
The final presentation deals with disease on the range.